Saturday, April 22, 2017

Dining Tablescape

Past Easter, I am not one for a lot of pastels. When I was younger I would bug my mom about how she needed more color in her house, now that I am older, I understand why she didn't go "color crazy." While I love integrating tone, texture, hues, and materials, I do tend to stay within a color bubble. When I can balance all these things in one space, you do not feel like you are in a bland, boring, colorless space. Which brings me back to pastels. Pastels are awesome for Easter. I love the pale rainbow colors in the flowers, the eggs...but after Easter is over everything pastel just looks a bit too much like candy.

I am really liking blending in more greenery lately; but it has to be the right type of greenery. Nothing dated-looking and bulky, I like simple, small, and no color. Green and white are my picks after Easter. It will last through the summer and it won't clash with anything else in the room.

My latest trip to Michael's help me bring my vision into fruition. Yes, I cheated a bit on my main love, Hobby Lobby, but to be honest, Michael's options just worked better for me this time around.







I stuck with my true favorites. Wrought iron, wood, linen, mercury glass, and green and white plants. I even found a small easel chalkboard/dry erase board that I can use for anything. The glass, the wood, the table runner, and the candlesticks I already had from earlier this year. The wood basket crate, the pottery, and the greenery were all purchased for this setup. Total: $36 after coupons, sales, and including tax.

Not boring, not fussy, just simple and comfortable. My kind of table setup!


M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment