Monday, May 7, 2018

Exposed Brick Wall

I have been planning and brainstorming different ways to add character and charm into my house. It's been a few years and my kids are getting older, so I am able to find these pockets of time to design and execute my ideas.
My latest project is finding the perfect place for an exposed brick wall. I have always loved them and have wanted one...but where?

My dining room was lacking in personality and texture, so I decided that was a good room for my idea. I wanted to make the process swift and without a lot of money and material. Enter: wallpaper. I know, I know...wallpaper? Really? But yes, it's totally worth it. I recommend using heavy tape and straight pins to hang until you know you really love the look.

I ordered a 3D, textured wallpaper in my preferred brick color. You can order what I picked HERE. It's listed as "brown" but it is really a mix of brown and gray.



The results are amazing! I am so pleased with how the room turned out...I still have to finish up the bottom of the wall, but I ran out of wallpaper. An order for more wallpaper was placed tonight, by the end of the week it should be complete. I will have a lot left over, so I am already planning on putting just a bit more up in another place.

BEFORE:::




AFTER:::








Total for this project: $68 (with lots of wallpaper to spare)


M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment